Tuesday, February 16, 2010

For: YOU


My mom and I feeling on top of the Rock in NYC.

Hmmm. I feel as if I should write some grand thoughts on love or something akin to that since it was Valentine's this past weekend and I haven't written anything dedicated to the day of love yet. Instead of writing some profound thing about love and life and lessons, I'd like to share with you a poem I wrote when I was about 12 that I dedicated to my mother because of all she's done for me. But truly this poem goes out to everyone who helped make me who I am today. I think it makes a statement about love that even the most profound paragraph would have a hard time competing with.

For You
Love is like
a blanket,
warm
comforting
You can
have it
give it
share it
I like to throw it to you
and if you catch it
don’t throw it back,
pass it to the next person.

I stitched this quilt
myself with
My hands
You gave me these hands.
I picked each cloth by hand
and made the colorful reams of fabric
Into something
Just like you,
made me
Into someone,
I love you.
thank you
For you

A belated Happy Valentine's Day to all of you out there! I hope you spent it with someone(or many people) you love. I love LOVE..in each and every one of its forms.

In case you have not had enough:

Love and kisses from,

Miss M

1 comment: