Sunday, March 21, 2010

More on Sunshine



What is it about Sunshine? When it's sunny I can't help but be happy. Everything is brighter and more beautiful. It definitely gives you endorphins to soak up some Vitamin D every day. And we all know endorphins make people happy, and happy people just don't kill their husbands(reference to Legally Blonde). If I could pick an afternoon to relive everyday over and over like Bill Murray does in Groundhog Day, this afternoon would definitely be in the top place for the one I would pick. I am not saying that it was my favorite day out of all the many days I have lived in my relatively short life, I am just saying it’s pretty dang difficult to find any flaws in this day. It was that perfect. Future days of misery seem easier to face with this day in my memory. I can’t even adequately describe it. Trying to just leads me to sentences that can’t capture even half as amazing as this day was. All I can say is if you were there, you know exactly how wonderful it was. To bask in the sunshine and feel totally, absolutely, and completely happy is a feeling you just can’t describe properly. It is like trying to describe colors to a blind person, or music to a deaf person. I feel like this quote sums up this process of trying to describe happiness to a miserable person:
“Happiness is like peeing on yourself; everyone can see it, but only you can feel it.”
It may be a rather weird way of putting it, but if you think about it, it is absolutely true. Anyway, I hope these sunny days just keep coming and that I can spend them with people who are just as incredible as the friends I spent today with.

Love with all my heart,

Miss M

No comments:

Post a Comment