Friday, March 5, 2010

Cuppy Cakes



I have had an epiphany of sorts. An epiphany that requires your feedback, my wonderful readers. I have officially decided to drop out of school to open cupcake shop. Forget any other career dreams or ambitions I have. Disregard all the work I have done to get this far. Why should I have to learn about the phospholipid bilayer or the sum of torque? I don’t need those things to make cupcakes. Cupcakes are simple. They don’t talk back, you hardly ever fail, and they almost always taste sweet in the end. Plus who doesn’t love a big, fluffy cupcake with just the right amount of frosting? I was privileged enough to taste one of these heavenly delights at the MOA cafĂ© today. If I had my own cupcake shop I could cater parties and weddings, or just stop the lovely passerby with some tempting delights.
I could call it “With Sprinkles on Top,” which of course would be written on cutesy pink cursive on a black overhanging sign outside my cutesy shop.
While I am on this entrepreneurial(which I spelled correctly on the first try)kick, I have an even better idea than an ordinary cupcake shop. What if instead of just selling cupcakes we sold….drum roll, please: couture lingerie. It would be like a Victoria’s Secret for the upper class, and those wanting higher quality lingerie. In the store, it would feel like a fairly ordinary lingerie store, except a little bit ritzier. And there would be employees walking around selling you cupcakes at the same time. Of course there would be a back area for those who just wanted to enjoy the cakes, without all the (bra) cups in the way. I would call it “Cakes.” natch.
What do you think? Would you invest in my business?

Sweetly yours,

Miss M

No comments:

Post a Comment