Monday, May 30, 2011

Cause Today I Don't Feel Like Doin Anything

Ummm, so maybe I feel like that everyday...It's a rainy grey day, the water pitter pats on the roof outside my window, and Jack Johnson singing about mango trees and banana pancakes plays in the background. I have had a very successful laid back day, with about 2 hours of shopping at Savers. Best store ever.
4 shirts, 1 sweater, 1 pair of jeans, a watch, and a gift for someone. All for just over 20 bucks.
Seriously? Seriously.
That's the way to shop on a college student budget on Memorial Day. Yay for being Mormon and Filipino, or in other words doubly cheap.
Plus I woke up to about 20 doormats outside our door, love notes, TP, and an invitation to brunch. The prank war begins!
And now for planning out the rest of my chillax day....I think I will build a fort with my best friend Leisie, make some mexican hot cocoa, and watch a movie in our new fort.
Maybe I will do some laundry so I feel somewhat productive.
But sometimes it is perfectly productive to take a break and be unproductive. Does that even make sense?


Playing Pretend


Step into the snow globe
perfect world of warmth and happiness,
float to the top and--
Drink the pink water.
Snuggle up and listen,
rain hitting the window outside.
Forget--
leave behind regret.
Set aside this day
to remember the home inside the soul.
Warmth, content,
no more contention
Let's shed convention!
wear our big shirts
and sing softly as we play.
To grow up is impossible
every day, we just get older,
but our hearts: they stay the same.
Hold my hand,
let's play pretend.

No comments:

Post a Comment