Thursday, July 7, 2011

The Resource of Creativity

All great artists draw from the same resource: the human heart, which tells us we are all more alike than we are unalike.
-Maya Angelou
I have certainly noticed for myself that as my heart becomes more involved in the way that I am living, I become more inspired to write. Write and write, and pour everything about my experience onto the page. And if I have no experiences, than I have nothing to write about.
The best teacher is experience. I have certainly had plenty of experiences in the last year. Sometimes people talk about how thankful they are for their struggles, and how they have learned so much, and how the suffering they have experienced is really for the better, and honestly, I kinda get annoyed by those people. With that said, I promise I am not becoming one of those people. But it is true that a lot can be learned through experience. It's the primary reason my grandmother is wiser than me.
So I guess the bottom line is: Don't ever stop living life to the fullest. Because when you do live life with your whole heart, you will be inspired, and you will have a greater potential to connect with others, since our struggles are what connect us.

No comments:

Post a Comment